Saturday 14 November 2015

Not pro enough


First of all, to be very honest with you, I'm not the kind of girl who actively involves in outdoor activities. Instead I'm the type that "You don't ask me to do any activities. I'm such a boring person." You ask me, rock climbing? Never do. bungee jumping? How to spell 'bungy' again? Marathon? Oh, I won a marathon 3 years ago, urm, 4 km? hiking? I have tonnes of courseworks due, exam is coming in two weeks. ice skating? Hmm, you better save that 25 MYR ice-skating fee for  for your car petrol to-and-fro to uni please. Many other things can be done with 25MYR.  


Hahaha no lah, I'm not that bad actually.


I have always interested to try new things in life. Actually if I have people who kind of force me, arrange those activities together with me, and I'll be free on that time you asked me to go for outdoor fun, I'd definitely say yes! It's not that I'm lazy actually, sometimes my energy, time and money don't allow me to do so. Seriously. 

So today, I did kayak! I knew it'd be fun, so I tried! After 2015-2007= hmmm 8 years since the last time I dealt with the paddle. That paddle! Ah, never listen to me last time. It's when I was at Standard 6, you know, the camping for UPSR thingy, at Tasek Utara, aktiviti merentas halangan and all,that was my last experience with kayak. I took the ONLY single boat, and my boat was far from everyone else, moved to the very edge of the lake, just because I couldn't control the paddle well. So embarassing.


But never mind, after 8 years, I am a pro already! (Hm, not really. Still got panicked and get lost to the edge of lake. I was about to win. Sigh)


We had a kayak competition today, organized by the HWUM Outbond Club. I had Arfah, Zindh and Retri with me in a team. We have one mission which was ; NOT TO TOPPLE. We all are not pro enough in kayak, some of us are just like me, did once like 10 years ago. Today we're gonna kayak-ing seriously, in a competition. Can you imagine how could we look like?  "Just don't topple, guys."  That was how we motivated each other.





Pre-kayaking faces of the #letsnottopple squad. So, who's going to topple?

"You can do it, Arfah!"

Nice view to kayak-ing. Just near my university. :)


After a few hours of playing, none of us toppled! We did well and made it to semi-final for single game! We even got the 4th place (not bad for a beginner, right?). But it was funny all the way in the activity. None of us toppled, but yes, other participants in another team did topple. Basically, a player toppled at the beginning, and even the finalists toppled when they're making a turn to go back to finishing line (even pros did topple, makes me realize that even the best also do mistakes). 


 It was funnnnnnn to see all the teams kayak-ing. They played like they don't have any problems in mind. Just like us too. Outdoor activities make us so so so happy (despite all the assignments, exams). Today, I got to learn that even if you don't know how to do something, how scared you are in start doing it, don't give yourself up. Get out of your comfort zone. You know you WANT to do it. You know you will be happy if you do it. Those negative feelings are just a challenge for you. Success aren't delightful enough without challenges. 


I almost gave up, you know. Thank God I didn't. Eventually, I felt so satisfied and happy, all of us did.  

So, here we are, #letsnottopple squad who didn't topple. We made it !



Now, let's deal with the sunburnt...


2 comments: