Sunday 21 October 2018

Achievement Unlocked

Hi blog, I'm back again! Trust me I have been meaning to write here for so long, but today (or technically yesterday 20/10/2018) I guess I should not slack off anymore! There are a number of things that I dearly want to remember hence I want to write them down so here goes...

It's the 11th day of me being 23 years old since the 11th of October. I could hardly accept the fact that I'm leaving my 'happy-free-confused in a best way 22' age, but alhamdulillah I enjoyed and loved the one year that passed and I am soooo looking forward for what another year has to offer. Every year is full of ups and downs so I prefer to learn every lessons and never forget to savour every moment.

And.... guess what! Yesterday on the 20th of October I just got my achievement unlocked on my first few days of being 23 and alsoooo 2 1/2 months before 2018 ended.


I PARTICIPATED A RUNNING EVENT!


After years of refusing to get out of my comfort zone of trying out a running event since last one that I participated was during my foundation days....


I am not an avid runner but it's my go-to activity every weekend! I do love and enjoy running SO much that I could run and imagine that I literally leave all my worries and problems behind me while doing it. I have been asked to participate a running event and to just try out but I just did not want to *stubborn*. But now I am proud to say, "I made it", guys!


My first 10km medal evah.


Lovin' my Olloum activewear scarf that keeps me looking chic while running :P I have been wearing this scarf for quite a long time for my weekly run and even when I'm just out to buy groceries or even to grab some quick dinner out with family. So convenient and pretty to wear too!



Anywayyyy, it was a 10km #JomKurusRun held at Taman Wetland Putrajaya. I have never been to this place but it was so beaaautiful to run at and such a 'sweet escape' place for a weekend to spend at. Oh by the way, I sacrificed my annual leave for this event anyways (cos I work on Saturdays) =,=" But it was definitely worth it.




It was a quite smooth but still challenging track for me since it's 80% trail and 20% road. The tough part was the trail part cos it's full of rocks I had to jump to get my feet survive. I ran a steady and happy pace for 1 hour and 20 minutes with the help of my mi band which tracked my heartbeat rate that whenever it went almost above my maximum heartbeat rate I had to slow down otherwise I scared I fainted guysss. Nevertheless, I feel SO proud of myself looking back at my running record! For someone who did not train consistently and first time trying a run at 10km straight, pats back for trying, girl! 



Guysss I have been dying to finish a run non-stop for this distance! Whenever I feel like stopping cos I lazyyy but then I told myself "Just a little bit more girl and after this you can sleep all you want". This reminded me to my sister's advice the day before. Thanks to her! <3


What I will never forget was the people behind me who are super supportive of me getting myself into this ; First, my amazing sister who went a distance to help me collected my race kit cos I could not make it due to work that day. And she motivated me and said a lot of good things especially to just enjoy this event cos I told her I was so nervous and even regretted registering for this run HAHAHA. May Allah bless her!


Second, my brother who's willing to be my company for my first run evah! I could not thank him more for his willingness to drive and waze to the place that morning, ran with me for a while for 1 km but then I said to him just go first okay cos I want to run relaxingly...and he did win but he could not win the prize cos he was just replacing my friend who could not participate that day.  


Anddd last but not least, my coooool Mr.C cum my personal trainer from afar who suggested me this event to participate in, and also the Putrajaya Marathon Night which includes 21km and 42km distance that I thought... oh my god "maybe next year."  



After all, looking back at this day and the days I happily went to run, I am ultimately grateful for the gift Allah blessed me with that I take for granted everyday, which is my legs, specifically. I went back home yesterday being so happy and satisfied with my run then I stared at my legs thinking how amazing Allah SWT creation is. This pair of legs that help me move everywhere and anywhere I want to go, whatever I want to do, and especially the things that I love to do. YaAllah, thank You for this blessing to be able to walk and run, and for everything. 


Also, I also secretly (not anymore now) wished to finish TWO (to be specific) books I'm currently reading that I wish I get to share the content at this blog by summarizing cos I'd really love to. Wish me luck and pray for me!

p/s : To more achievements unlocked for as long as we live -- Don't be scared to try out new things and especially to go for the things you love doing. Love always! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment